Who We Are
GAVINTM is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency offering comprehensive strategy, creative, public relations, digital and media buying services. The agency has a work-remote culture supported by an HQ office in York, Pennsylvania and a satellite office in Baltimore, Maryland. The agency serves healthcare, education, manufacturing, government, finance, and business to business clients across the US. Recognized as an Inc. Magazine Inc 5000 company, Best Places to Work, Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company, GAVIN is on a strategic growth path.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent, fulfilling our mission of More Voices at Our Table, to grow with our team.
This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Vice President of Client Services visit the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional, and national markets inclusive of omni-channel communications strategies leveraging branding, public relations, creative, digital advertising, web services and media buying.
Your Role at Gavin
The Vice President of Client Services is part of a senior leadership team driving the agency’s vision and growth path.
The Vice President of Client Services ensures that larger, integrated client needs are met by monitoring and guiding Senior Account Directors/Project Managers’ activities and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with C-suite clients. This person is a primary contributor to the agency’s growth and profitability, and the development of Account Directors and Project Managers ongoing to support the agency’s goals.
This person requires a proven background in mid- to senior-level marketing positions and a demonstrated ability to lead a growing team to success. Advanced verbal and written communications skills, analytical thinking, personal organization, and interpersonal dynamics are essential to success. The Vice President of Client Services must be a capable personnel manager, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s public relations, marketing and advertising business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a team of Senior Account Directors and Project Mangers in delivering quality outcomes for clients through fully integrated marketing services, delivered from across the agency.
- Provide strategic senior level counsel to clients to cultivate strong long-term relationships with key decision makers, while overseeing senior level account teams in the day-to-day account management of fully integrated accounts serving regional and national clients.
- Reviews strategies and recommends improvements at a senior level for direct reports, including Senior Account Directors and Project Mangers on managed accounts, working to grow value delivery and ensure client retention through satisfaction of outcomes.
- Ensures client needs are properly and efficiently staffed, while ensuring team capacity is managed for employee work/life balance, team satisfaction and retention.
- Directs departmental quality controls, workflow efficiencies in collaboration with creative, public relations and digital department heads and operations, while ensuring necessary account team training is achieved to address any identified skill or efficiency gaps.
- Evaluates Senior Account Directors and Project Managers performance on at least an annual basis.
- Guides Senior Account Directors and Project Managers in career and skills development ongoing.
- Ensures proposals, scopes of work and budget requirements are met, with profitability goals maintained across all accounts.
- Seeks out new business opportunities and plays a leading role in development of integrated marketing proposals and contract development, working with directors for larger scale proposal development, new business pitching and contract negotiation.
- Leads Client Services team in reaching new business and overall revenue targets to achieve growth across the entire agency.
- Works across agency departments to ensure client goals are achieved.
- Monitors accounts receivable and payment status of accounts with Controller.
- Participates and leads in agency/client performance plan reviews.
- Minimum 7-10 years managing a team of 10 or more in a full-service marketing agency setting
- Demonstrated track record of account leadership and revenue growth
- Senior level marketing experience in (one or all) healthcare, finance, manufacturing, and education industries
- Proficient in budget management and general account service quality controls
- Experience with project management software (Workamajig a plus)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proven track record in landing new business and meeting agency revenue goals
- Senior level experience managing and tracking strategy to meet set performance goals
GavinTM offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short- term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements with your application.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.