Who We Are
GAVIN™ is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency offering comprehensive strategy, creative, public relations, digital and media buying services. The agency has a work-remote culture supported by an HQ office in York, Pennsylvania and a satellite office in Baltimore, Maryland. The agency serves healthcare, education, CPG, retail, manufacturing, government, finance, and business to business clients across the US. Recognized as a national leader in our industry by PRNews as an Agency Elite Top 100 firm in the country, an Inc. Magazine Inc 5000 company, and a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company, GAVIN is on a strategic growth path.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent, fulfilling our mission of More Voices at Our Table, to grow with our team.
This position offers a hybrid work option, requiring that the Sr. Account Coordinator be onsite a minimum of one (1) day per week, and visit the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional, and national markets inclusive of omni-channel communications strategies leveraging branding, public relations, creative, digital advertising, web services and media buying.
Your Role at Gavin
The Sr. Account Coordinator is responsible for supporting Gavin’s senior staff within the Public Relations department to drive outcomes for our local, regional, and national clients. This person is responsible for the successful oversight and completion of day-to-day client activities and public relations tasks to ensure superior client service, communication, and efficient account workflow. This role will assist key account management staff with a variety of tasks up to and including duties associated with billing, deadline management, file management, client communications, social media content creation and administration, and other public relations and marketing tasks as assigned. This person must understand how the key components of public, media and community relations align with supportive marketing work to deliver desired outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to team creative processes and brainstorming meetings to advance client objectives.
- Support senior public relations staff serving accounts across large scale healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, and business to business clients, by collaborating, developing content, managing tasks associated with client projects and client relations to support complete account success and client satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with clients and teams on meeting agendas, deadlines, project schedules, workloads, budgets, and assignments.
- Monitor client success; reporting and compiling data as necessary for account success; report findings to account team.
- Proactively communicate status, issues, and opportunities to the senior public relations team.
- Support managers with compiling, maintaining, and organizing public relations and marketing materials for client projects, working with the creative, client services, digital and administrative departments to deliver project services under the oversight of the Account/Project Manager.
- Conduct research at the direction of senior staff to support media relations efforts and publicity efforts.
- Support senior staff in public relations efforts for various clients, including drafting press releases and byline opportunities; and compiling, maintaining, and organizing all public relations project materials for campaigns and events.
- Identify media opportunities for various clients, including media list building and event/list tracking.
- Monitor media coverage for public relations clients at a local, regional, and national level, including trade publications.
- Master PR reporting tools, including Meltwater and platform analytics, to drive and communicate client outcomes, while adding additional value.
- Build and execute social media strategies to support account goals, including increased brand awareness, inbound traffic generation and higher engagement.
- Create, publish, and share content across various social media platforms for clients while maximizing outcomes based on monitoring platform insights by client.
- Provide deep insights on social media influencer tracking, use of social platform tools and trends to advance client goals with quantifiable outcomes.
- Support agency social media strategy, aligned with agency goals and target audiences, with content creation, reporting, analysis, and monitoring of industry trends for the agency. Including engaging industry contacts, groups, and pages.
- Draft marketing materials and project documents, including creative briefs, project outlines, project scopes, PowerPoint presentations, and all supporting materials as assigned.
- Content writing, editing, and proofing as assigned.
- Assist with Intern training.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing preferred
- Two years of relevant work experience; agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong writing and communication skills across platforms
- Proficient in MS Office and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possess the ability to create strong partnerships throughout the organization; promote a team culture of exceptional internal customer service and problem solving
- Willingness to learn new technology and support cross-functional team members on various projects
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
Gavin offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!