Who We Are
GAVIN™ is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency offering comprehensive strategy, creative, public relations, digital and media buying services. The agency has a work-remote culture supported by an HQ office in York, Pennsylvania and a satellite office in Baltimore, Maryland. The agency serves healthcare, education, manufacturing, government, finance, and business to business clients across the US. Recognized as a national leader in our industry by PRNews as an Agency Elite Top 100 firm in the country, an Inc. Magazine Inc 5000 company, Best Places to Work in our region, and a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company, GAVIN is on a strategic growth path.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent, fulfilling our mission of More Voices at Our Table, to grow with our team.
This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Account Coordinator visit the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional, and national markets inclusive of omni-channel communications strategies leveraging branding, public relations, creative, digital advertising, web services and media buying.
Your Role at Gavin
The Account Coordinator is responsible for supporting Gavin’s Senior Project Managers and Account Directors with the successful oversight and completion of daily administrative and public relations coordination tasks to ensure superior client service, communication, and project coordination. This role will assist key account management staff with a variety of administrative tasks and projects, up to and including duties associated with billing, deadline management, file management, client communications and public relations tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Public Relations Account Directors and Project Managers serving public relations and fully integrated accounts across large scale finance, business to business, healthcare, consumer and manufacturing clients, by managing administrative tasks associated with client projects and client relations to support complete account success and client satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively with clients and teams on meeting agendas, deadlines, project schedules, workloads, budgets and assignments.
- Support Managers with compiling, maintaining, and organizing media relations materials for client projects, which may incorporate some fully integrated marketing efforts.
- Coordinate public relations billing, reporting and budget tracking
- Work with the public relations team to ensure client communications are timely and detailed
- Draft public relations materials account briefs, project outlines, project scopes, PowerPoint presentations, and all supporting public relations materials as assigned.
- Content writing, editing, and proofing as assigned for media relations materials, social media content and corporate communications.
- Collaborate with various internal teams and participate in meetings to develop project activities to reach client goals.
- Closely monitor assigned projects to ensure deadlines remain on track and coordinate internal team assignments.
- Contribute to team processes and brainstorming meetings to advance client objectives, including conducting industry research, publicity trends, client vertical news and more.
- Monitor client success; report and compile data as necessary for account success; report findings to account team.
- Leverage reporting software to pull and compile media lists, track media hits, develop reports and media equivalency reports.
- Manage monthly billing processes, account files, timesheet reporting, project management software, client dashboards and other necessary support efforts.
- Attend onsite events to support client public relations events to support public relations team.
- Degree in public relations, communications, marketing, business, or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum of one (3) years relevant work experience specific to administrative support and/or public relations / marketing project support; agency or related service industry client service experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, proofing, and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to assist with content development, editing and proofing.
- Must possess the ability to be solution-oriented and work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Expert PowerPoint, Word, and Excel abilities.
- Experience working in project management software and time entry systems.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables under strict deadlines, while remaining calm and thorough.
GavinTM offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short- term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!