Who We Are
Gavin™ is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency located in Central PA serving clients in healthcare, education, manufacturing (B2B), government, finance, and business services across the US. Named a Best Places to Work, Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company in the region.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in every aspect to grow with our team. We encourage growth from within and this position allows for upward mobility and advancement with proven ability and contributions to agency growth and success.
Our office is headquartered in York, Pennsylvania with locations in Central Pennsylvania and Baltimore, Maryland with a supportive hybrid culture. This position requires that the Office Assistant work on-site in our York office.
Your Role at Gavin
The Office Assistant is responsible for the successful oversight and support of the day-to-day office tasks of our York office. This role is responsible for ensuring that all office support activities are carried out efficiently and effectively to ensure the office functions smoothly.
This person must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience assisting teammates with administrative requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the office experience for guests and teammates meets Gavin’s brand experience
- Monitors automated phone answering system; ensures all electronic voicemails are forwarded with the correct department/team member
- Receives all company mail and deliveries and forwards to appropriate agency personnel
- Ensures all outgoing packages are delivered timely to the appropriate courier service (USPS, UPS, etc.)
- Runs occasional errands that support day-to-day office operations
- Maintains a neat and tidy office environment (including conference rooms, kitchen, and bathroom needs) for client visits and team use
- Ensures office building is running smoothly by coordinating general office maintenance visits/service as needed with approved vendors (copiers, cleaning services, plumbers, etc.)
- Manages general office supply needs and inventory; places orders for general office supply needs while staying within budgetary constraints
- Performs general office maintenance to ensure indoors and outdoors are always neat, tidy and functional (light indoor cleaning, watering outdoor plants, sweeping area outside of building, etc).
- Support building owner with miscellaneous property management tasks
- Collect and organize the team’s monthly all-staff meeting materials
- Performs administrative tasks that support the Company’s team culture, (electronic birthday cards, new employee welcome kit preparation, assist with Company event planning, etc.)
- Support the Company’s account teams with administrative tasks as requested (DocuSign requests, general office supply requests, etc.)
- Monitor the Company’s general email box for action items and new business opportunities
- Monitor the Company’s general recruitment email box; file applicant resumes on computer server
- Support the Company’s accounting team with administrative tasks (bank deposits, scan and submit basic accounting reports to Bookkeeper, basic data entry in accounting software)
- Assist with basic HR functions including electronic delivery and receipt of employment references
- Administrative support experience in a professional office environment
- Proficient use of computers (MAC or PC)
- Proficient in MS Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel). PowerPoint a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Unparalleled flexibility
- Strong organizational skills; proven ability to follow through on task completion
- Positive team attitude
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.