Who We Are
GAVIN™ is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency offering comprehensive strategy, creative, public relations, digital and media buying services. The agency has a work-remote culture supported by an HQ office in York, Pennsylvania and a satellite office in Baltimore, Maryland. The agency serves healthcare, education, manufacturing, government, finance, and business to business clients across the US. Recognized as a national leader in our industry by PRNews as an Agency Elite Top 100 firm in the country, an Inc. Magazine Inc 5000 company, Best Places to Work 2 years in a row, and a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company, GAVIN is on a strategic growth path.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent, fulfilling our mission of More Voices at Our Table, to grow with our team.
This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Media Relations Manager – Healthcare visit the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional, and national markets inclusive of omni-channel communications strategies leveraging branding, public relations, creative, digital advertising, web services and media buying.
Your Role at Gavin:
The Media Relations Manager – Healthcare is responsible for working across the Public Relations department to identify and secure earned national media opportunities for clients in healthcare industries, supporting social media and content creation to maximize outcomes. This includes strategy development with the intent to elevate a client’s voice and market position. Applicants should have proven experience surfacing proactive opportunities for clients based on news cycles and the ability to offer counsel alongside the senior team on reactive media opportunities. The role requires an experienced, tenacious, and outside-the-box thinker who can pursue earned media opportunities that will advance our client’s core objectives. This individual must possess in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of media relations, an excellent writer and editor, work well under intense deadlines and think quickly on their feet to support client needs. In addition, the individual must have a robust knowledge of relevant analytics, social media, and influential media platforms and the ability to support crisis communications response as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expertise developing media relations campaigns to advance/enhance strategic initiatives
- Experience coordinating media placements in trade and national healthcare outlets
- Proven and maintained relationships with trade and national media
- Strategically cultivate and maintain media database records by client assignment
- Relentless pursuit of media opportunities, including being an avid reader of healthcare industry news and media updates to keep the team apprised of opportunities
- Responsible for time management per client scope of work, confirm with account managers on how many billable hours are available for media relations
- Develops media relations content including but not limited to:
- Pitch letters; News releases; Messaging; FAQ’s; Blogs; Op-Eds; Byline articles etc.
- Effectively communicates with team members regarding outreach progress and updates
- Generates new ideas/new ways to grow media relations services to clients, as appropriate
- Strong understanding and proven track record of leveraging social media platforms for enhanced outcomes and pitching to amplifying client success across all distribution channels
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to strategically navigate messaging and develop speaking points, inclusive of prepping clients for interviews on key points
- Assist with proposal (new / existing) development, as needed
- Stay abreast of media market changes, reporter changes etc.
- Knowledge of media tracking and sourcing systems such as Cision, Muck Rack, Meltwater or Critical Mention
- Knowledge of news distribution services, such PRNewswire, PRWeb, and ANR/VNR/Virtual Media Tours
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or English
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant national, regional and local market media relations experience in the healthcare sector. National/trade media knowledge preferred
- Work experience must include examples of successful pitching to trade/national healthcare outlets
- Samples of senior-level ghostwriting and content creation
- Established local, regional, trade and national media contacts
- Prolific at understanding what the media needs and what makes a pitch successful
- Ability to drive and prioritize multiple assignments
- Proven track record of delivering earned media coverage and establishing relationships with journalists
- Must possess the ability to be solution-oriented and work under minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. and demonstrate d ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
To be considered for this role, please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.