Who We Are
Gavin™ is a fast growing, award-winning full-service boutique brand communications agency located in Central PA serving clients in healthcare, education, government, finance, and business services across the US. Named a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company in the region. This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Graphic Designer come to the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary.
Your Role at Gavin
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer who is devoted to delivering the absolute best outcomes for our local, regional, and national clients. This person is responsible for routinely conceptualizing creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic within an assigned project. Effective communication and collaboration with internal cross-functional team members is essential.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in every aspect to grow with our team and encourage growth from within. This position allows for upward mobility and advancement with proven ability and contributions to agency growth and success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exceptional creative design capability with a strong understanding of web best practices
- Expert-level knowledge and utilization of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge and proven ability to edit short videos, create animated designs for multi-media platforms and new media integrations
- Knowledge and background in video production, including shooting, editing, color correction, and basic sound mixing. Experience working with Premiere, After Effects, and motion graphics is preferred
- Design new brands (logo and brand themes) and design campaigns and materials for established brands within brand standards.
- Create print and online communications using multi-media knowledge and skill, including typography, photography and videography, layout and design.
- Create visual concepts utilizing photographs, art or other design elements; collaborate with the agency’s creative team to determine best practices
- Execute design functionality and product layout and design as required for Web interfaces, navigation, page layouts, e-communication, advertising, various online materials, etc.
- Management of traditional media projects including working with print vendors
- Basic understanding of web development and content management systems
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge preferred
- Strong understanding of creative design and functional design across social networks, including design restrictions and requirements
- Work with agency staff to ensure content and design updates and edits meet standards for timeliness, quality and desired outcome
- Produce work under tight deadlines with the ability to produce favorable results under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Communication Design or Graphic Design (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience specific to digital campaigns, integrated marketing and public relations tactics
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team within a rapidly changing deadline-driven environment
- Agency experience or similar relevant work experience preferred
- Superior level of attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to be solution-oriented and work under minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
Gavin™ offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements with your application.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.