Who We Are
GAVIN™ is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency offering comprehensive strategy, creative, public relations, digital and media buying services. The agency has a work-remote culture supported by an HQ office in York, Pennsylvania and a satellite office in Baltimore, Maryland. The agency serves healthcare, education, manufacturing, government, finance, and business to business clients across the US. Recognized as an Inc. Magazine Inc 5000 company, Best Places to Work, Top 50 Fastest Growing Company and Top 250 Private Company, GAVIN is on a strategic growth path.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent, fulfilling our mission of More Voices at Our Table, to grow with our team.
This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Full Stack Developer visit the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional, and national markets inclusive of omni-channel communications strategies leveraging branding, public relations, creative, digital advertising, web services and media buying.
Your Role at Gavin
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for developing and designing front-end web architecture while ensuring the integrity and responsiveness of back-end coding processes and applications to deliver high performing websites. This role contributes to the successful implementation of assigned website projects from conception to final product and launch in collaboration with internal cross-functional teams, and the ongoing performance of the site. In addition, the Full Stack Developer works closely with the Hosting Manager to ensure the safety, security and speed of the agency’s hosting environment is maintained and websites are updated in accordance with the hosting environment for optimal performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code websites using standard HTML/CSS practices, or others as assigned, by developing front-end website architecture and back-end website applications
- Provides standards and constraints for the creation of web services using HTTP and REST (Representational State Transfer)
- Structures code and data for proper website architecture
- Interpret client specifications and identify website user requirements
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones
- Ensure responsiveness of applications
- Maintain servers and databases for efficient functionality
- Work with Hosting Manager to maintain internal client website hosting platform; ensures appropriate updates and plug-ins to maximize site security, speed and scaling of servers
- Work with cross-functional internal team members including project managers, designers, and content developers to meet required specifications
- Maintain and expand/enhance websites once built
- Assist with evaluating digital processes for efficiencies, quality improvements and advancements in agency expertise
- Research related software programs for efficiency and practicality
- Stay abreast of industry standards and legal requirements specific to website development; ensure agency remains progressive in its digital offering
- Ensure high level of creativity, quality and performance on all website projects and services
- Collaborate with internal team on digital trends/opportunities to reach assigned goals
- Direct junior level front-end coders to support website maintenance and coding projects as assigned, including evaluating the quality of their work and training them on proper coding
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Web Development or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in web services, including front-end/back-end website development, SEO/SEM, domain/DNS management, and digital advertising best practices
- Senior-level website coding and problem solving required
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as php, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Familiarity with database technology such as MYSQL, Oracle, and MongoDB
- Firm understanding of how data storage works and how to connect a database with programming language
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment within predetermined budgets and timeframes; detail-oriented a must
- Expertise in WordPress site builds and updates
- Familiarity with Divi, Avada and building custom WordPress themes
- Proficient in comprehensive digital tracking tools and performance-based marketing strategies
- Technical problem solver, with a track record for uncovering innovative solutions and working quickly to take outcomes to market for clients
- Obsessed with new website trends, investigates opportunities to stay ahead and is engaged with industry best practices
- Clear understanding of website compliance, ADA, privacy, GDRP and working on websites for companies of all sizes
- Superb interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills across multi-media platforms
GavinTM offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short- term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements with your application.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.