Who We Are
GAVIN™ is an award-winning full-service brand communications agency offering comprehensive strategy, creative, public relations, digital and media buying services. The agency has a work-remote culture supported by an HQ office in York, Pennsylvania and a satellite office in Baltimore, Maryland. The agency serves healthcare, education, CPG, retail, manufacturing, government, finance, and business to business clients across the US. Recognized as a national leader in our industry by PRNews as an Agency Elite Top 100 firm in the country, an Inc. Magazine Inc 5000 company, Best Places to Work in our region, and a Top 50 Fastest Growing Company, GAVIN is on a strategic growth path.
We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent, fulfilling our mission of More Voices at Our Table, to grow with our team.
This position offers a work-remote option, requiring that the Account Director visit the office and client’s locations for key meetings and events as necessary. Our clients are regional and national companies requiring an understanding of local, regional, and national markets inclusive of omni-channel communications strategies leveraging branding, public relations, creative, digital advertising, web services and media buying.
Your Role at Gavin:
The Account Director – Public Relations manages and oversees all organizational aspects of their public relations accounts, as well as assigned marketing and communications projects of their clients to ensure they are completed on-time and within scope and budget. The Account Director – Public Relations directs account strategy and implementation on their client’s accounts, while managing a team of direct reports. This role is responsible for leading assigned public relations accounts in delivering the absolute best strategic outcomes through public relations communications. The Account Director – Public Relations will work together with fully integrated account teams when accounts require services from across the agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads assigned accounts, inclusive of all account deliverables, contracts, budgets and workloads, assigning work to teammates as necessary to meet account objectives.
- Promotes team effectiveness; develops organizational and efficient workflow initiatives; manages those initiatives accordingly within their accounts.
- Maintain strong relationships with each assigned client; closely align with cross-functional teams to provide top-notch customer service and outcomes.
- Develops strategic direction on assigned accounts, including advising the client on complex communications issues, community outreach, publicity, and media relations.
- Actively manages crisis communications efforts for clients, including but not limited to media relations, pitching, ghostwriting and reputation management, developing messaging with support from senior crisis team as needed.
- Directs media placement and publicity strategy, inclusive of directly pitching and managing media, directing agency team to secure necessary coverage, etc.
- Strong understanding and comprehension of media and reputation tracking, influencer engagement and emerging trends across social media platforms, inclusive of industry best practices for reputation management efforts.
- Develops goals and objectives for all subordinate staff, conducting annual reviews and mentoring direct reports on growth paths.
- Reviews and ensures quality controls and performance tracking on accounts, including but not limited to use of Meltwater, Cision, Sprout Social, and other tracking tools.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with agency team members.
- Leads and ensures that the public relations team effectively manages approved client budgets, reporting to the Vice President of Public Relations.
- Works in concert with agency departments to support client’s marketing and advertising campaigns/plans across various multi-media platforms, as needed.
- Contributes to new business efforts; generates new ideas and ways to grow client revenue through expanded service offerings and expert counsel.
- Writes client proposals and participates in new client presentations.
- Participates in industry networking on behalf of the agency to build market awareness within key client verticals or agency industry networks.
- Lead team to ensure agency work and team efforts meet and exceed client goals and objectives, affirmed through consistent, qualitative reporting.
- Conducts annual agency reviews with clients to address client concerns and opportunities to promote client retention.
- Manages all communication with the client and the GAVIN internal team maintaining account communications cadence standards.
- Directs client presentations and team in organizing materials for maximizing outcomes with every client presentation.
- Delivers exceptional client presentations with senior level public speaking ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing required
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience specific to media relations, client relations and brand communications management
- Agency experience and proven track record leading accounts
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and grow multiple accounts
- Experience managing teams of 3 or more
- Ability to manage monthly income projections, client budgets and team sales forecasts
- Strong writing experience and communication skills across multi-media platforms
- Proven track record in project management
- Demonstrated ability to nurture client relationships
- Must possess the ability to be solution -oriented and work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain organizational processes in order to meet departmental objectives efficiently
- Stellar public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to juggle many moving parts under aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage high stress situations; remain calm under pressure
Gavin offers a competitive benefit package including paid time off, medical benefits, company-paid short-term disability and life insurance, access to a retirement plan with company match, the flexibility to work remotely and yes… even your birthday off!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state
and local laws related to discrimination. Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and at least one writing sample or campaign overview to [email protected]
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.