Paid Internship 16-20 Hours Per Week
Gavin™ is an award-winning full-service boutique branding and communications agency located in Central PA. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We are looking for a Public Relations Intern who is hardworking, smart, responsive, have superior writing skills and a desire to raise the bar at all times. The Intern should be detail-oriented, manage multiple tasks, and work under tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in media list development
- Develop written content (press releases, Q&As, media pitch letters, social media, etc.)
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions
- Conduct limited media outreach
- Willingness to learn and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of pop culture, trending topics and the changing digital world of media
- Willingness to tackle new technology
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to convey messages clearly, courteous manner via email and telephone
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Expanded, highly desirable public relations skill set
- Expanded work portfolio
- Work on real-world marketing efforts
- Hands-on experience
- Friendly and fun work environment
- Gain an understanding of how a marketing agency works
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and at least one relevant work sample with your application.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.