Trespa North America,
Trespa North America,
A world leader in architectural panels for façades and exterior paneling applications, Trespa believes that good design starts with inspiration, exceptional vision and provocative thinking.
While a leader in Europe, Trespa North America (NA) underwent major leadership changes in its North American (US, Mexico and Canada) regions in the early 2010s, resulting in decreased sales, deteriorating employee buy-in, lackluster marketing efforts and confusion throughout the channel about the brand’s direction and future.
Trespa put a new leadership team in place and needed marketing support necessary to motivate employees and channel partners in support of strategic sales efforts. Gavin partnered with Trespa to create cohesive communications across all language and cultural barriers that coincide with global enterprises.
Following the new communications strategy, Gavin improved employee communication and education resulting in increased team morale and collaboration, buy-in and support among channel partners and enhanced market visibility. Gavin also successfully increased lead generation at trade shows.
How We Did It
- Conducted an extensive discovery phase with Trespa NA leadership, sales teams and channel partners Profiled priority audiences and aligned their needs with product solutions
- Developed a segmented messaging strategy to support priority selling based on target audiences’ specific needs and priorities, including selling messages to gain buy-in among channel partners and employees
- Crafted a comprehensive marketing and communications plan to consistently take newly crafted selling messages to target audiences while guiding leadership on how to motivate employees to reinforce key messages
- Implemented extensive segmented marketing outreach and public relations efforts
- Developed marketing tools to display and communicate influential third-party endorsements/use of product
- Monitored success using tangible measurement tools
- Established ongoing employee/sales communications to keep all team members informed and contributing to the feedback loop for improvement opportunities
- Ensured consistent communications to Trespa International on progress for positive reinforcement to Trespa NA staff
Why It Worked
Our team took the time to understand the nuances of Trespa’s organizational communications behavior to develop a plan that fit their own market approach
We established communications paths in support of internal buy-in while ensuring highly targeted selling messages were embraced and consistently incorporated throughout the channel. During implementation, our team focused on promoting teamwork among Trespa employees and trust with the organization’s leadership, enabling the team to make speedy and efficient decisions without redundant layers of approvals creating internal friction.